Offering a competitive yet affordable healthcare plan to your employees can be a challenge in today’s environment of skyrocketing healthcare costs.
The KGA/KACS understands this challenge and is pleased to announce our new relationship with The Kentucky Business Group (KBG). The KBG is comprised of ten Kentucky associations who have joined together to offer their respective members health insurance rating advantages not available if rated alone.
Rates for new groups to Anthem are generally 8-12% lower than going directly to Anthem pool. Please contact us directly if you are an existing Anthem client.
This program, offered through Anthem, is available only to closed-end professional and trade associations. A closed-end association is one which permits only active participants in the industry to enroll in the health insurance program.
Employer groups that are a member of a KBG participating association, such as the KGA/KACS, pay membership dues to their respective association to be eligible for association member benefits. Employer groups joining an association generally have common bonds including financial, economic, social, and educational bonds.
ABOUT THE KENTUCKY BUSINESS GROUP (KBG)
- Formed as a multiple Association Plan for participation of Kentucky association members to purchase health insurance at discount rates
- KBG was incorporated in June 1995 with five Kentucky trade association members all having endorsed Hartfield of Kentucky as their benefit broker. Hartfield has over a 40 year relationship in the association marketplace
- Five additional trade associations have been added to the KBG since program inception
- KBG is a fully insured program through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and is rated as a single large group with no billing fees
- There is no fee to join the KBG - the participating employer must be in good standing and appropriate association dues paid to be eligible to participate in the KBG
- There are 200+ employers, over 4,500 covered members, and over $16 million in premiums
- Available coverage from traditional PPO to HRA & HSA
- Other endorsed products available to KBG members include:
- Group term life
- Cancer coverage
- Flex & COBRA administration
EMPLOYER GROUP SIZE
Since Anthem's association plans were established and are predominately made up of smaller employer groups, a well managed experience rated association plan is an excellent way for smaller employer groups to band together and enjoy many of the same advantages that a single large employer group enjoys. When the number of new groups brought into the association pool increases, Anthem's risk becomes more predictable and the experience rated pool maintains more stability.
Smaller groups between 2-99 lives are eligible for the KBG experience rated pool. Member groups over 100 are eligible for KBG negotiated benefits, but will be rated on their own. Standard group underwriting guidelines will be used when assessing the risks and determining the most appropriate rate.
A specific set of association specific benefit plans along with all the small group benefit plans have been filed and approved to be marketed to KBG groups.
Authorized representatives for the program are:
|Mr. Michael Tolly
The Hartfield Company
3240 Office Pointe Place
Louisville, KY 40220
|Mr. Rick Plappert
R. G. Plappert Insurance, Inc.
4229 Bardstown Rd
Louisville, KY 40218
(800) 290-7365 or (502) 499-5575
For additional program information, please contact Ted Mason or submit the information request below.
Please complete & submit the form below: